Ms. Joan Williams
The director of library services has management oversight of library resources for the provision of services to support all college programs, and to manage the performance of other administrative and related professional librarian duties required for the effective operation of the library. Specific duties include:
- Prepares and recommends the library budget.
- Allocates resources to the various departments to develop collections in the various disciplines.
- Prepares reports.
- Plans and arranges library programs and activities.
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of library personnel.
- Attends committee, management and professional meetings.
- Writes long-range library plans.
- Plans professional activities for the library staff.
- Participates in grant writing projects.
Ms. Addie Harrison
- Performs copy and original cataloging of all library materials.
- Maintains accuracy of NC-PALS Catalog records.
- Processes and maintains materials for access in the Holgate Library and CIMC collections.
- Assists with collection development and deselection.
- Liaison to the following academic programs (request materials):
- Department of Business and Economics
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Department of Journalism and Media Studies
Mrs. Julia Scott
- Manages all circulation activities including collection access, shelving, patron registration, and checkouts.
- Maintains circulation statistics and patron records.
- Reports patron fines and
fees to the Business and Finance office.
- Maintains the course reserves section.
- Maintains the print periodical collection.
- Provides cooperative borrowing services via NC-PALS consortium (intra-library loan).
- Liaison to the Division of Natural and Behavioral Sciences/Mathematics (request materials).
Reference and Instruction Librarian
Ms. Devon Stokes
- Conducts research and reference assistance at the Reference Desk and by appointment (schedule an appointment)
- Teaches library instruction sessions on resources and services
- Develops and implements Reference assessment
- Develops and implements Instructional Services assessment
- Performs collection development for Reference section and liaison departments